Friday 21 November 2014

Pumpkin Still Life Pastel Drawings





In my three practicum, I facilitated a Grade 4 art lesson where students were asked to draw a pumpkin using oil pastels.  At the beginning of the lesson I turned-off all the lights in the classroom, and shined a flashlight at an actual real life pumpkin to show shading.  Shortly after, I showed some pumpkin drawings from the Internet on the Smart board, so that students can see key features that I wanted them to incorporate into their artwork.  One of the main features that the students pointed out was contour lines on the pumpkins, which showed form. 


The learning intention of the lesson was "I will create a pumpkin drawing using short and long lines."   I also reminded students to integrate shading into their pumpkin drawings.  Overall, the students produced some amazing artwork, and I was very pleased with the results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment