Friday 28 November 2014

Carrot Still Life Drawings

During my practicum experience, I taught the students how to draw carrots.  The focus of the lesson was to create a drawing of a carrot by using colour and line to show form.  The students were encouraged to draw a carrot by observing an actual carrot and they were also encouraged to add shading.  I was very pleased with the results of my lesson.

 I really like how Jake added black contour lines that were "swiggly" because I find it adds creativity to his artwork.  His dark contour lines really make his carrot drawing stand out from the rest of the carrot drawings that I observed.  I also like the interesting dark green pattern that he incorporated into his carrot top. 

I love the choice of colour that Kassidy implemented into her carrot drawing.  Notice how she darkened the exterior of her carrot to emphasize the edges of the carrot.  I also like how she blended the orange and yellow colour on the interior of her carrot; it creates a cool effect.  She also used a smudging technique on her carrot to blend the orange and yellow colours together.  Kassidy also smudged the green colour on her carrot top, and then added dark green lines over-top.  The rainbow in the background of her drawing is a fascinating feature that adds a unique sense of style to her artwork, which was another feature that makes her drawing stand out from the rest of the carrot drawings. 

 Ocean created a phenomenal carrot drawing.  In her drawing I like the yellow lines she included on her carrot.  I like that her carrot top has and interest pattern that involves both a dark and a light green colour.  The leaves are light green, whereas the stem is dark green.  Lastly, I admire the silhouette shading feature she incorporated into her carrot drawing.  This feature is very innovative and creative, which makes her drawing unique. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, there is some real observation and creativity going on here!

    ReplyDelete